For most companies wanting to implement a lean strategy effectively, cultural changes need to occur. This course outlines ten methods lean leaders can implement to overcome resistance to change, engage their audience, and structure the delivery of standardized work. The course consists of five lessons, which will
- Identify the impact of culture and cultural inhibitors on a lean transformation.
- Enable students to develop strategies for building a critical mass of lean change agents within your organization.
- Empower them to engage others and gain commitment for the lean journey more effectively up, down, and across the organizational chart.
- Deliver greater leverage and sustainability by employing daily coaching and delegating skills in support of lean principles and practices.
- Establish an overall framework for the continuous evaluation and improvement of your own lean leadership capabilities.
Since a successful lean environment requires leaders to excel at both verbal and listening skills to understand the problems their people face, the course also contains teaching about communication and an analysis of the difference between coaching and teaching.
Students can learn how to engage in coaching conversations with their teams, build a change network, and identify both quick and sustained results.